Good morning, sports fans, and welcome back to your favorite feature: the weekly recap! Plenty of excitement went down in NaNoland this week, and we’re here to make sure you don’t miss a bit of it. Want to be sure you’re up to date on your swamp things and alligator attacks and priest-strangling noodles? Then this is the post for you!
Today’s list brought to you by Ben, who thinks that writing is still more important than sleep, but sleep is pretty wonderful when you can get it.
- Grant looked past the glamour of ‘inspiration’, and praised the hard-working ethos of ‘showing up’ in his Week Two Pep Talk!
- We had a fun Wednesday evening chat on Twitter, with campers from all over chiming in with their thoughts and stories.
On Twitter and Facebook:
- We were overwhelmed with inspiring post-it note quotes! Now I know where to look next time I’m having any doubts…
- You gave us some delightful ideas for this year’s NaNoWriMo stickers!
- We got some help from our Twitter followers in renaming the deliciously but poorly-named brownie-muffins, though everyone in the Office seems to have a different favorite. (ED NOTE: Brupcakes for the win!)
On the forums:
- Campers have started writing letters to their characters. The trend seems to be toward begging characters to stick to their outlines, but we know how rarely that happens.
- Do you have a pen name? Do you prefer to stick to your real name? Chime in over on the pen names discussion thread!
Fun stuff around the net:
- June 16th (tomorrow!) is Bloomsday, a celebration of James’ Joyce Ulysses! The Millions has a fun quiz to test your Joyce facts.
That’s what we’ve been up to, in between games of space-hockey and strozzapreti feasts. We’re definitely looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend, though. What about you folks out there? Any exciting plans?