I’m still on the run from July! It keeps trying to track me down, with fistfuls of frozen dairy products. Have you ever had to flee an entire month? It’s not as easy as you’d think. It’s everywhere! It’s on calendars, email headings, newspapers… Hopefully it won’t show up in this blog post. We’ll see.
Today’s recap is brought to you by Ben, who is not fooled by July’s clever ploy to sneak up on him with gorgeous sunshine and pleasant breezes.
- We’ve kicked off our Summer Fund Drive! Help us reach our goal of more novels, more writers, more words, more you! So far, we’ve reached $10,400 of our $50,000 goal. We think we can sell 100 more trading card packs over the weekend. Let’s go!
- Have you seen the awesome donor goodies? Sweet trading cards… and if you’re very lucky, a golden mustache promises even grander prizes!
- You can also start fundraising now for the Night of Writing Dangerously! Raise $200 in July, and you can get early admission to our noir-themed, writing event.
- Scrivener codes are up for June winners! They can be found on the Winner Goodies page.
- We’ve refurbished the cabins with a lovely new message board that should make things smoother in August.
Facebook and Twitter:
In the Office and Elsewhere:
- Chris Angotti was in Virginia, giving a speech for the Virginia Board of Education! We hope it went well. Hey, if he was charismatic enough to win over a bride…
- The Legend of Korra was renewed for 26 more episodes! Are you as excited as I am about that? Because I am pretty dang excited.
That’s all for this week! Next week will bring us to the midway point of July, and put me one week closer to freedom from this month of madness and tyranny…