By the time you read these words, I will be gone. Alas, my tenure at the OLL has come to a close… for now. I’m off to the seasonal lands of the east, to icy winter and humid summer, where I will run LARPs and then go back to college for one final year.
This summer has been one of the best of my life, and the OLL has been central in that. I’m very sad to be leaving them behind, but rest assured, like the Governator who shares most of my last name… I’ll be back.
Oh, right, you probably want to know what happened this week. This week’s recap is brought to you, for the last time this summer, by Ben Schwartz (Note from Tim: Who will be dearly missed!).
- Lindsey, head counselor, and feared enemy of baby carrots everywhere, has a scientist friend who has officially declared your imagination boundless.
- Chris, YWP director and newlywed, urges you to keep rowing through the choppy waves of Lake Plot.
- StayClassy fundraisers! We’ve been Fund-raiders of the Ark, searched the Temple of Woon (Mr. Ian), and are now deep in the Noveling Crusade. If you fundraise with us this week, we’re offering last year’s limited edition bumper sticker!
- We’ve been offered a matching donation by the folks over at Intel, W, and Vice: every dollar you donate to Camp will be matched up to $10,000! You know what that means? Sloppy Joe Night is every night in the Camp cafeteria!
Facebook & Twitter:
- This week’s writing prompt? Celebrate stationery through poetry. I will be composing a rap about pumping my mechanical pencil full of lead.
- @CampNaNoWriMo is taking an informal poll of your status. Be not ashamed! Brag to your heart’s content. I will be crowing about my 1,354 words. That is still an accomplishment.
- @NaNoWriMo is taking bets on who between Chris A., Grant, and special guest Chris Baty will be eaten by a bear during their trip to Alaska to workshop NaNoWriMo. Here is a ‘before’ picture. Stand by for the potentially gruesome ‘after’.
- There are only 76 days until November, and I have about 115 days worth of brainstorming my novel and bemoaning the inexorable approach of November while secretly being over-the-top excited to do. WHAT DO I DO.
In the Office & Elsewhere:
- Folks! The warehouse move is finally complete, and we are shipping again. Look for a coupon code to thank you for your patience, and some special goodies in your packages. Unicorns for everyone!
- As we mentioned, Chris A., Grant, and Mr. Baty himself are out in Craig, Alaska taking in the natural beauty, and incredible work of librarians like Amy Marshall through the Alaska OWL Project.
Thanks again for an incredible summer, everyone. I’ll see you in November!