We are heading into our final weekend of Camp NaNoWriMo August 2012: the Inner-Editor-Killer, Plot-and-Character-Thriller Edition, also more manageably known as “CNATIEKPACTE”. Acronyms make things so much easier, always!
This is when we buckle down and turn into a Boot Camp. So put those dukes up, strap on those breastplates, and let’s get kick novel behind. You know the parameters of your mission, read on for updates, context, and color from your members of HQ on the ground.
Today’s recap is brought to you by Tim, who busts ghosts, and cries salty tears over his keyboard during moments of writer’s block.
- Did you participate in June’s Camp Session (also known as June Camp NaNoWriMo 2012: Hoplites, Amazons, and Zulu Warriors of the Noveling Tribes, a Jam Session)? We’d love to get your thoughts in our survey!
- FOLKS. Winning begins tomorrow! Lindsey gives you some handy tips, tricks, and things to watch out for on your way to the validation gong.
- I told a scary story about the Camp Spectre, and its efforts to halt the telling of your own tale. Write that ghost-busting novel, Campers!
- The bigwigs over at Intel, W, and Vice are matching every dollar you donate to Camp up to $10,000 through the end of August. Holy smokes, this may finally be the year we get that noveling holodeck.
Facebook & Twitter:
- Punctuation marks have a personality, agreed? Today’s writing prompt asks you what goes down when ! meets ? in a dark alley…a romantic rendezvous? A mugging?
- @NaNoWriMo incites more punctuation mark factionalism by asking which is the best. Not your favorite, the best. Clearly, Sarah hopes to dance while watching the fragile Semicolon-Emdash Peace of 2003 burn.
- THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES. 68 Days Until NaNoWriMo. Time to wiggle out those jitters, and start the training…
In the Office & Elsewhere:
- As we speak, Grant, Chris Angotti, and Chris Baty are on their way back from Alaska. We in the office are expecting them to come bearing gifts. Many Alaskan gifts.
- Figment launched a series that offers an author’s commentary on their novel. First up? Jessica Warman tells you about writing Beautiful Lies.
- Let’s be real, everyone. Between Cobie Smulders in the Avengers bloopers, and Taran Killam in that Robyn video a while back, who could beat them out for best couple ever? Amy Poehler and Will Arnett? …Yes. Yeah, Amy and Will beat them, but just by a smidge.