Hello friends! This Week in Review is brought to you by Ari, who had cheese for breakfast, cheese for lunch, and will soon be having more cheese as the office closes for the week (see below). So basically, cheese.
- We’ve entered the Chase Community Giving contest, and we’re moving up and up! We’re aiming to be in the top 11 by Wednesday; the top organization is awarded $250,000! This would be a huge deal for a small nonprofit like us. This is a great opportunity if you’re strapped for cash, but still want to show your support. If you vote, you’ll be helping us inspire even more people around the world!
- Our Executive Director, Grant Faulkner brought in his son and daughter to model the newest YWP shirt for us. We had them high-fiving, flexing, and dancing in front of a brick wall while we snapping tons of pictures for the store page. It was a blast! Keep a lookout for these shirts in the store if you have a little Wrimo in mind!
Facebook & Twitter
- @NaNoWriMo asked our followers this week: What ways has NaNoWriMo changed your life?
- And this week’s writing prompt: What sort of charmed life would you lead with an extra $250,000? Entertain your most outrageous fantasies.
In the Office and Elsewhere
- We welcomed our latest intern Andrea this week. You can check out her intro post here.
- Sarah Mackey is leaving Berkeley this week. Totally lame! But we’re giving her a good sendoff in the office, complete with wine, cheese, and other scrumptious goodies. We’ve had the past few weeks with her great company, and we’re already counting down the days till she visits again!